This is one of the services provided by the Ministry of Justice where any person; Foreign or Descendants of Kiribati shall apply for I-Kiribati Citizenship.
Here are the checklist required upon registration.
- Completed form (Form of application for registration – Foreign or Kiribati Descent)
- Request letter showing intention to be registered as a citizen of Kiribati/citizen in doubt
- A birth certificate from country of citizenship for the principal applicant (shall be at least 18 years of age at the time of application)
- Certified birth certificate of spouse, children, and dependents (Please kindly note that if children have reached the age of 18, they should apply separately; each person over 18 years old should lodge in an application individually)
- Certified marriage certificate (if married)
- A statutory declaration from people over 18 years of age close family
- Certified birth certificates of father and grandfather of applicant
- Bio-data page of passport previously issued from other countries of citizenship
Should further clarification required, please contact us using the contact info provided here